- Check out my Linkedin for more information about me.
E.W. Scripps School of Journalism; Athens, Ohio
News writing and editing sequence, certificate in Political Communication
B.A. June 2012.
The Arizona Republic; Phoenix, Arizona
Pulliam Fellow: June-August 2012
The Post; Athens Ohio
Special Projects Reporter/Asst. Managing Editor: January-June 2012
City Staff Editor: September 2010-June 2011
Staff Writer: January-June 2010
Stringer: March-November 2009
The Columbus Dispatch; Columbus, Ohio
E.W. Scripps Statehouse News Bureau Fellow: September-December 2011
Metro/State Desk Intern: June to September 2011
The Dayton Daily News; Dayton, Ohio
Reporting Intern: June-August 2010; November-December 2010
WHIO-TV; Dayton, Ohio
Intern: November-December 2009
OTHER WORK EXPERIENCE
Central Food Facility; Athens, Ohio
Bakery Prep and Dishroom Duty: January-June 2012
Boyd Dining Hall; Athens, Ohio
Dishroom Duty: January-June 2009
Neil and Willa Jean Smalley Center for Dyslexic Children; Dayton, Ohio
Administrative Asst.: Summer 2006 to Winter 2010
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
- 2nd place: 2012 Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism: “Domestic Silence: Revisited” published in The Columbus Dispatch.
- National Finalist: 2011 National Society of Professional Journalists Mark of Excellence Awards In-Depth Reporting Competition: “Domestic Silence: Revisited” published in The Columbus Dispatch.
- 1st place: 2011 Society of Professional Journalists Region 4 Mark of Excellence Awards Enterprise Reporting Competition: “Domestic Silence: Revisited” published in The Columbus Dispatch.
- 9th place: Hearst Enterprise Competition 2012: “Domestic Silence:Revisited” published in The Columbus Dispatch.
- Finalist: Casey Medal for Meritorious Journalism 2012: “Domestic Silence:Revisited” published in The Columbus Dispatch.
- E.W. Scripps School of Journalism Top Graduating Senior/Outstanding Overall Student for 2012
- 3rd place: International Communication Division of the AEJMC’s 2011 student international multimedia news story contest for “Rwanda: Fuel Briquettes help reduce charcoal usage” published on UPIU.com.
- The projects: “Domestic Silence: Revisited” and “Under the Influence, Under 21” are featured on the Investigative Reporters and Editors website.
- Member of Investigative Reporters and Editors since 2010, attended the I.R.E. Charleston Watchdog Workshop Nov. 6 to 7, 2010.
- Computer Assisted Reporting Skills
- Best Staff Writer Award for The Post City Staff Winter and Spring Quarters 2010
- Most Improved/Best Stringer Award for The Post City Staff Fall Quarter 2009
- Dean’s List September 2008-present.
- Recipient of The Class of 1956 Endowed Scholarship Fund for the 2009-2010 school year.
- Historian on the Executive Board for Alpha Lambda Delta Honors Fraternity, 2009-2010.
- Italian in Florence Study Abroad Program, June 15-August 7, 2009 (only 20 applicants were chosen).
- Member of Ohio University’s Women’s Club Soccer Team, September 2009-June 2010.
- First walk-on to ever make Ohio University’s Women’s Varsity Soccer Team. September-November 2008